Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunflowers...

In order to start this blog and name it the way I wanted to, I first needed a good picture to illustrate it, but it took me a while before I got one (which is one of the reasons why I started so late). I actually had only seen one or two sunflower fields close to the Colorado border along Highway I-70 but none around Lawrence yet, until September when I heard of a farm nearby which growed sunflowers. The farmer's wife keeps a blog about it and was nice enough to let me know I should hurry up because the field was starting to fade out... Luckily I still had a few of them in full bloom and got a perfect illustration for my blog title!

Next year I will remember to check her blog in advance and not miss the best time to see the sunflowers!



2 comments:

the farmer's wife said...

So glad that you got a few good pics for your blog! Our sunflowers were less than picturesque this year, so I hope that you'll be around to see them again next year. This looks like it will be a fun blog to follow.
-Kris

Carole said...

Hi Kris,
Thanks for letting your blog readers know when is the best time to come around for the flowers!
I should still be around next year for the sunflower season, so I'll be in touch!
Carole